A+ Certification

neko 18:18 02 Jan 03
  neko 18:18 02 Jan 03

Hi,

I have just started doing the CompTIA A+ certification. Does anyone know of any helpful webstites? I just seem to find people trying to sell the course.

I am using Mike Meyers ALL IN ONE A+ CERTIFICATION fourth edition but from the little I know already some of this seems out of date.

Cheers

Neko

Paroxetine 18:46 02 Jan 03

Congrats on starting the course, hope you manage to achieve a pass.

I found the following sites helpful. Some are not exactly A+ material, though they are useful to know anyway, and can help give a new angle on something that would otherwise not make alot of sense. Oh, and don't forget you can always ask here and someone will be able to help you out further.

click here
Exam Notes - lots of cheat sheets and handy info plus some payable downloads for the tests themselves.

click here
Executrain - Cheapest people I have found who do the exam (think under VUE).

click here
How Stuff Works - Deals with anything and everything, though this is the link to the PC section (I spent hours looking up everything but PC's)

click here
Learn That - Some free course thing, just found it in favorites so it could be of some use.

click here
VUE Training itself

click here
Webpedia - Online PC Dictionary for all those words that you will have no clue about.

click here
Comptia Org - The people that do the test in the first place, though didn't find this to be too helpful at first.

click here
CramSession Study Guides - Very helpful, you mite have to pay for this service, I cant recall. Worth taking to work and printing out (if you can get away with it :D )

click here
PC Guide - Simple and helpful guide to the workings of the PC.

Other site are Tom's Hardware review which is specific to hardware itself and not A+ content.

Hope this is of some help to you and good luck.

P

neko 18:54 02 Jan 03

Thanks!!

Thats quite a response.

I'll look through them tonight.

Thanks again

Neko

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

20 groundbreaking 3D animation techniques

How to mine Bitcoin on Mac