A+ Certification

Completealias 18:32 19 Aug 05

Hello all,

I've just been looking through my local college courses and they are offering the A+ certification course. Now as I get housing benefit I won't have to pay any course fees just the exam fees which through the college were about a £130.

I know my way around a Pc fairly well and have done some basic IT courses but would like to do something more technical. Ideally I'd be quite happy with a job in my local college helping to maintain there Pc's which would suit me just fine and eventually maybe go self employed.

So will an A+ certification be a worthwhile course to follow. Part of the reason for doing is to expand my own knowledge but I would also like to expand my employment prospects.

I left school with no qualifications so its been a bit of an uphill struggle and you can only wash dishes for so long.

I have also posted this in the speakers corner as well but didn't know if maybe it would have been better here.

Any thoughts or comments welcomed,

Cheers.

Hamish 18:43 19 Aug 05

Type A+ Certification into Google. Go for it as it is the way forward in the future. I, being agolden oldie, wish I had the opportunity to do such a course years ago. Good luck for your future

Completealias 18:49 19 Aug 05

Thank you Hamish I am definately planning to go for it. All the best to you as well, and your never too old :)

I just wondered what peoples opinions on this course were. As with anything its a constant learning curve but it seemed like a good stepping stone to me.

Gaz 25 02:36 20 Aug 05

A+ is about basic hardware and installation, troubleshooting.

It's something that would be beneficial for a job in computers, either working with repair technicians or as a PC builder.

It's something good to have on your CV anyway, and especially while it's free.

Go for it, and good luck!

Forum Editor 07:50 20 Aug 05

of the same thread - you have already several received answers to the same question (including one from me) in your Speakers Corner version of this thread.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Amazon Fire HD 8 review: A brilliant combination of function and value – with one massive caveat

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How to create an introvert-friendly workplace

iPhone 7 review: Enhanced cameras, a refreshed design and water resistance make the iPhone 7 an…