certain games not playing in xp prof

pcgal 22:43 23 Jan 03
  pcgal 22:43 23 Jan 03

My son is driving me crazy because he cant play GTA3 and MAX PAINE In xp prof but these games played fine in millenium.
He plays other games fine in xp such as fifa 03....can anyone advice me. thanx pcgalxx

Old PC man 23:53 23 Jan 03

If these are early versions you should go to the website of the developer and download the latest patches for the game under XP.

You may get a message about compatability.
Just follow the instructions and install the patches.

You may want to create a System Restore point before making any changes suggested by the downloads just in case.

Try typing "Compatability" into your search on the start menu. This will help and provide a Wizard to guide you through.

John /#)

tulix 00:54 24 Jan 03

right click on the game icon and click on compatability choose one of those and try to run game again

Cordy13 01:01 24 Jan 03

Try "Compatibility"

tulix 01:01 24 Jan 03

sorry after right click on icon goto properties first

STREETWORK 07:30 24 Jan 03

Microsoft has a fix for this, try windows update and install the latest updates, if that does not work try to run the game in compatibility mode for previous versions of windows. Some game sites have patches for xp and it is worth checking these regularly.

pcgal 10:59 24 Jan 03

ok thanx guys i'll give it a go..pcgalxx

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Codename NX console…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

8 things designers (and brands) need to know about the modern woman

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…