Centre Picture in Cell of Table

tonyq 14:37 02 Aug 14

Hi all, I'm trying to centre pictures in cells of a table Word 2007,without much luck. Help please.

lotvic 16:38 02 Aug 14

rightclick in the cell (if pic is already in the cell, click on a blank part, don't have the pic selected) - Cell Alignment - and choose the middle one of block of 9 (3x3) displayed

tonyq 17:31 02 Aug 14

lotvic, thank you for the reply. I already have the picture in the cell, have tried your suggestion to no avail. I tried deleting the picture selecting centre alignment in the cell then inserting the picture again which did become more central but not exact centre.

Woolwell 17:50 02 Aug 14

Putting pictures in a table can be tricky as Word expects text or numbers for its alignment. Try this: right click on the picture, then choose size and position, then on the Position tab the options will probably be greyed out, instead select text wrapping (choose anything but in line with text, then go back to the position tab and choose alignment and then centered. This should work although I've tested on a later version of Word.

tonyq 18:38 02 Aug 14

Woolwell, not sure if yours is the same as mine (Word 2007)when I right click I get the option Size but no Position, there is a Position on the ribbon in Picture Tools of which I have chosen Centre and text wrapping through. In the align option I have align centre & align middle. Still the picture does not centre.

Woolwell 19:43 02 Aug 14

I'll have to have a look at my Word 2007 system but cannot do that today. It maybe format picture.

Woolwell 19:44 02 Aug 14

It is maybe format picture on the right click.

Woolwell 19:47 02 Aug 14

Disregard my last 2 posts. I'm having a go on Word 2007 now.

tonyq 19:49 02 Aug 14

Thank you.

Woolwell 19:54 02 Aug 14

I was having some problems as my pictures were too big! However try this: right click on the picture, choose text wrapping, more layout options, text wrapping tab try tight then on the picture position tab select alignment centered relative to column.

lotvic 19:55 02 Aug 14

I have Word 2007 and tested the positioning before posting solution. It works ok on mine and I tested both ways, with the pic in the cell, and without and then inserting the pic after. Also found that it didn't make any diff if pic was selected when I did the Cell Alignment.

Curious why it doesn't work for you.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…