Centering the page in frontpage

Mark5001 09 Jan 11

My father-in-law has put a site together in Frontpage 2003,but it will not center, but stays to the left. Where is he going wrong.Code pt 1.

!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.01//EN"
"click here">
html>

head>
p style="margin-left: auto; margin-right: auto; width:350px; background:#eee;">

meta http-equiv="Content-Language" content="en-gb">
meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=windows-1252">
title>Restored4U /title>
script language="JavaScript">
!--
function FP_preloadImgs() {//v1.0
var d=document,a=arguments; if(!d.FP_imgs) d.FP_imgs=new Array();
for(var i=0; i a.length; i++) { d.FP_imgs[i]=new Image; d.FP_imgs[i].src=a[i]; }
}

function FP_swapImg() {//v1.0
var doc=document,args=arguments,elm,n; doc.$imgSwaps=new Array(); for(n=2; n args.length;
n+=2) { elm=FP_getObjectByID(args[n]); if(elm) { doc.$imgSwaps[doc.$imgSwaps.length]=elm;
elm.$src=elm.src; elm.src=args[n+1]; } }
}

function FP_getObjectByID(id,o) {//v1.0
var c,el,els,f,m,n; if(!o)o=document; if(o.getElementById) el=o.getElementById(id);
else if(o.layers) c=o.layers; else if(o.all) el=o.all[id]; if(el) return el;
if(o.id==id || o.name==id) return o; if(o.childNodes) c=o.childNodes; if(c)
for(n=0; n c.length; n++) { el=FP_getObjectByID(id,c[n]); if(el) return el; }
f=o.forms; if(f) for(n=0; n f.length; n++) { els=f[n].elements;
for(m=0; m els.length; m++){ el=FP_getObjectByID(id,els[n]); if(el) return el; } }
return null;
}
// -->
/script>
/head>

Mark5001 11 Jan 11

WOW what an overwhelming response. He has sorted it himself now.

Forum Editor 11 Jan 11

and closed it on Teusday evening - hardly an eternity. Sometimes it takes a little while for someone who understands html to spot these questions.

I'm glad all is OK now, anyway. There is a way to do this in FrontPage without any html knowledge being required.

Mark5001 12 Jan 11

To all. I'm sorry I said that. I am concerned for my daughter who is in in alderhay hospital and i'm afraid I got a bit short tempered. This is a great forum and you did not deserve that. Sorry again.

Advertisement

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Should I upgrade to Windows 10? 8 reasons why you should upgrade to Windows 10... and 2 why you…

We are being sold the ability to spend money we don't have. And we love it

IKinema aims to banish droopy shoulders and wonky spines in animated CG characters

How to use Apple Music in the UK: Complete guide to Apple Music's features

We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message