Celtic Supporters Club Website

javaBalls 15:45 03 Nov 04

click here for the website I have built for my Celtic Supporters Club.

The members area is where most of the work took place. If you like you can register with the site using the alternative registration form. click here

I have tried to make it XHTML strict but it is not quite there yet.

Please post your comments here.

steve263000 09:30 04 Nov 04

I have had a quick look at the site, and very impressive it is to. However, in the committee pages, you have email addresses of the committee, but the addresses do not have direct links to them. That would be easy to do I would think, and anyone wishing to write to them, could just click on the link.

javaBalls 12:55 04 Nov 04

fourm member - Thanks. I agree that the links on my page appear a little strange. I think I will make them the same size as my body text. I just got so use to looking at them I never noticed that they looked odd.

I also agree that the live stats should go. I don't know how accurate they are anyway.

steve263000 - your right I should at 'mailto' to the email address so it would be easier for people to contact us.

The member's area is based on privileges. Ranging from 'Website User' to Administrator'. You can login using the following details to see what the member’s area offers as a ‘Website User’.

Username: pcadvisor
Password: pcadvisor

javaBalls 22:27 04 Nov 04

Excellent feedback fourm member!

I was hoping that my email addresses were 'spam-proof' because the address come from the database. However I will experiment with the technique used from that website you recommended. If you look at the code from my 'Contact Us' page you will see that I have already used a different technique.

The pictures were a concern of mine. Generally I tried to limit them to 100kb. I don't have a standard size because some of the pictures are landscape. I use a script that limits them to 600 pixels width or length.

I think because I have BB and files are stored in my internet cache I don’t notice if the pictures are slow to display.

Another problem is that I use the browser to resize the images (which is bad!)

I will probably replace the 'marquee' tag with something else. It will do for the time being because I know that all of the members have IE.

I use session variables (PHP) to control access to my password protected areas. A good place to start is click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Apple Event live stream | Apple October Event live blog: Watch Apple unveil new MacBook Pro, new…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Lida designs a cross-stitch email sent to thousands of Ikea Family members

Apple Watch 2 review | Apple Watch Series 2 review: Faster performance, a brighter screen, water-ret…