//some 3rd party need geo

Celeron/Centrino differences???

User-324448 12:18 21 Sep 05

Some time since I asked any questions but I am confused about the differences I know a Celeron is a sort of cheap proccesor and can be rather slow compaired to say a Pentium 4 but whats a Centrino??

Yoda Knight 12:37 21 Sep 05

The laptop equivalent ?

Dizzy Bob 13:01 21 Sep 05

The centrino processor is a mobile processor based on the Pentium 4. It typically has a lower clock speed than a P4 chip, but is very power efficient meaning that battery life is usually good, and the laptop itself can be thinner and lighter as the battery can be smaller.

All centrino based laptops are wireless enabled to allow access to a wireless network or public access hotspot.

I have a Sony laptop running a 1.6Ghz cenrtino processor, and it absolutely flies through everything I do with it (office fuctions, some basic games, digital photography general use)

click here for intel's onfo page

click here for a more "plain english" explanaition

Hope this helps

DB

DieSse 13:03 21 Sep 05

Centrino is not a processor.

It's a set of capabilities for laptops, which includes Mobile Pentium M processors, Wi-Fi, and specific intel chipsets.

Pentium M processors are specificaly designed for low battery-power usage, with large on-chip caches, and slightly different internal design to boost performance and extend battery power at the same time.

The forthcoming range of dual-core intel processors is essentially designed drawing on the Pentium M chip design, because of it's lower power needs and improved performance vis-a-vis clock speed.

Stuartli 15:27 21 Sep 05

Buildup to Centrino:

click here

click here

User-324448 16:42 21 Sep 05

Thanks everyone its a little clearer now but I need to do some reading I think. Prof

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Google Allo? What is Google Duo? Google Allo UK release date rumours and features: Google…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These clever designs help visualise a complex intelligence tool

iOS 10 troubleshooting tips: Simple fixes for the most common iOS 10 problems, from network…