Celeron666. New mobo..where from?

shortcircuit 19:46 10 Jul 03

Hi. A friend has tasked me to fix his compy.It died during an eleci storm(power surge).It will start but no info on screen, no beeps nothing. Ive got a feeling the mobos cooked. It has a celery 666 onboard but I dont know what the seat is . Is it a PPGA or something?

Where can I get a fair mobo from to fit it?

Has anyone got any ideas what could be the problem?

Thanks all

Pesala 00:26 11 Jul 03

A Celeron 666. That must be at least four years old isn't it? Even if it is not fried it is not worth searching out a motherboard for it. If your friend is short of cash look for something on eBay for £100. I'm sure you could get something better than a Celeron for that much.

Tog 07:22 11 Jul 03

You can go to click here and ID the chip using the utility there but to be honest, you may be better off replacing the lot.

shortcircuit 07:43 11 Jul 03

Update on celly. Its a 633Mhz not a 666!! Yep. It must be at least 4 years old made by IBM.For what he wants it for, a new board would be cheapest offer, but as you say, Ive seen durons and mobos for less than £50.Might have to go that way.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Codename NX console…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

8 things designers (and brands) need to know about the modern woman

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…