Celeron V athlon.

i have a 2y old computer with an Athlon XP2000+ i.67GHz
i have seen a computer with a celeron 2.4GHz, does anyone know what computer will be the fastest? the ram is the same.

howard60 07:37 10 Jan 04

from your figures Celeron with Amd the first figure is the Intel equivalent but the 2nd is the actual speed it is running at.

goonerbill 07:44 10 Jan 04

why not just upgrade your CPU. find out what make of motherboard you have, go to makers website and see what the max is, probably athlon 2400/2600 with maybe bios update. lot cheaper than new PC.

if you have funds for a new pc, maybe get a new graphics card as well.

Stuartli 09:54 10 Jan 04

I'd stick to the Athlon you have - you are unlikely to notice as much difference with a slightly faster processor than increasing the present amount of RAM.

crimbo 10:26 10 Jan 04

I beleive that Athlon is the faster chip because it has more onboard memory. The AMD equivelent of the Celeron is the Duron. Goonerbills suggestion will be the most cost effective way to a faster PC, and if you're not confident in fitting the components, a local shop will fit the components for a labour fee.

Cybermaxx 12:05 10 Jan 04

Why not go here:-

click here

and have a good look at the Budget CPU Shootout. It's a pretty extensive set of tests, and includes Celerons, a Duron, XPs and a Pentium 4A. Some surprising results!

Trackrat 13:56 10 Jan 04

Thanks for that it was very interesting reading.
Regards Alan

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Battlefield 1 review: Destructive environments, phenomenal graphics and an emotional campaign make…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Microsoft HoloLens hands-on review

How to use System Preferences in macOS Sierra (and Mac OS X): Complete guide to personalising the…