celeron processors

braiman 11:24 12 Aug 03

can someone please explain the main differences between celeron and other processors?

DieSse 13:03 12 Aug 03

Celerons are cut down versions of Pentiums. So there is a Celeron that's a cut down version of a P4, another that's a cut down version of a P3, and in the past there was one that was a cut down version of a P2.

What is cut down is the local cache memory, sometimes the FSB speed, and they're always a few steps behind the fastest Pentium speed. however they vary somewhat, dependant on which models are being considered.

As budget processors they are excellent, stable and cool running and very inexpensive.

dfritter 13:19 12 Aug 03

Following some recent discussion about the merits of buying a medion computer and where to get them i can report that toysrus have p4,512mb, 120gb,17" TFT for 1099. They are not available on their website for whatever reason? However somebody mentioned that they can be bought from staples but i cannot find them on the website! Is it a conspiracy?
One other thing my computer insists on running scripts everytime i access the web what can i do?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Pantone Colour of the Year 2017 is Green

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…