Celeron M Processor

katswhiskers 10:39 20 Oct 04

I've had a low quote for a laptop, but the processor is Intel® Celeron®-M Processor 330 (1.4GHz, 400MHz FSB, 512K L2 Cache)

The 1.4 GHz sounds low to me. Is it right that if it's an 'M' processor that it's not as low as it seems. If that makes sense! Thanks.

Diodorus Siculus 10:49 20 Oct 04

That is too low for a laptop these days; if it were a centrino then it would be fine.

Can you post a link to the machine or tell us what it is?

Diodorus Siculus 10:51 20 Oct 04

But yes, the M does make a difference. Still, I would go for a PIV mobile processor - have a look for comparisons at novatech.co.uk

katswhiskers 11:23 20 Oct 04

Thanks. It was a telephone quote from Simply for a Systemax Laptop. I was considering a Systemax Tourbook 4150. He suggested having the Celeron M 1.4) and said I'd not notice much difference between that and a Pentium M 1.5. Hm? (I've just been to the click here site and looks like he's quoted the Tourbook 4100 but with 512 memory)

I've had good dealings with Novatech in the past I will look.

Diodorus Siculus 11:25 20 Oct 04

I would prefer the pentium version - I think that you would notice the difference between the two you have quoted.

Diodorus Siculus 11:27 20 Oct 04

For what it's worth, I have a PIV 1.5M with 512 RAM and it runs great with XP.

jp11 12:02 26 Feb 05

I'm going to buy a Dell Inspiron laptop. I can't decide whether to get a wireless M510 with an M350 Celeron 1.3 or a standard 1150 with Celeron 2.4. The 510 also has a smaller battery but is lighter and smaller. Any advice?

Glancing Blow 14:49 08 Mar 05

I am, would you believe it, looking at the very same problem, and would like to know what you have settled on? and why?
1.3 does sound low, and I suppose that you have to decide what you want it to do.
I need a mobile round the house surfing tool, with the option of taking an entertainment centre on hols etc, with the need to play games occasionally - and thus use my home pc for big time gaming.

Let us know.
Cheers

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Why ecommerce hasn't taken off on social media

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…