CDXRESCUE

SmithG1955 15:43 02 Feb 04

Have just installed this program from the PCA cover disc and PC-cillin 2000 detected a virus named PE_ZMORPH.Ax in the program's exe file. The file has now been quarantined, what next?

Proxy Worm 15:47 02 Feb 04

I was just about to install that!!!

SmithG1955 17:02 02 Feb 04

I decided to update the PC-cillin pattern file and when I attempted to clean the quarantined file a pop-up indicated that the file was NOT infected. I re-installed the software and now it keeps asking to be activated I go through the activation procedure which is done via internet then the program exits. When you restart it it asks you to activate it, maybe it's some sort of test. I will attempt to contact support via the email address provided. Watch this space.

rawprawn 17:09 02 Feb 04

I installed it against my better judgement, got the password & username emailed to me activated the it said it needed to update to activate fully. I the get the message "can not contsact the server check your internet connection". I uninstalled did it all again with no better luck,& there is nothing wrong with my connection or firewall. I emailed their support & so far I have had no response. I have uninstalled and given up. That will teach me not to load programs from PCA DVD.

cycoze 17:43 02 Feb 04

ZMORPH on CDXRESCUE click here , just having a live chat with one of there operators.

Proxy Worm 17:50 02 Feb 04

Why does all the decent software with the cower disks never work as the previous MP3 mixer thingy dindt work for many people aswell.

RickyC :-) 18:04 02 Feb 04

Please ensure that your antivirus software is running properly, with the latest updates available from your software provider.

There is no virus on the PC Advisor cover disc, but unfortunately some antivirus software incorrectly detects the PE_ZMORPH variation.

Let me assure you that PC Advisor cover discs (CDs and DVDs) are tested thoroughly with the latest AV updates prior to replication.

Richard Clooke
CD Editor

cycoze 18:16 02 Feb 04

Sorry nipped off for my Tea , my link above says the same thing as the CD Editor post does , i asked the Live-Chat lady (very helpful and polite) about this and again was told "some antivirus software incorrectly detects the PE_ZMORPH variation - there is no virus , people should make sure thier AV is up to date"

Up to date AVG and Norton do not detect anything , i tried .

Can i suggest for any other problems relating to CDXRESCUE , a look at their website FAQ`s or a live chat might be helpful.

cycoze 18:18 02 Feb 04

forgot the address click here .

Reg 22:13 02 Feb 04

I've received my ID and password via e-mail and tried a dozen times to activate this software over the internet. Nothing happens. In fact I waited so long on one attempt that the auto disconnect popped up due to lack of activity. Does anyone know how to get this software working?

cycoze 00:13 03 Feb 04

Try the live chat at click here , just click on the chat live button on the right of the page under the picture of a woman , make sure you have ID and password at hand , its painless !

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…