CDX Rescue

Terry Brown 14:41 01 Dec 05

I have a full registered copy of CDX (from PCAdvisor spring 2004),however I have a problem.

I have recently bought a new computer, and are re-installing the software on it. The CDX loaded OK, Entered my user and password, but there seems to be a problem with product activation (it goes through the motions, but does not complete).
Is the activation line now closed ?, if so-Have you any idea how I can activate it, or a good program (preferably free or under £15, that I can use.
Thanks Terry

Skyver 14:44 01 Dec 05

What does CDX do?

Chegs ®™ 16:24 01 Dec 05

Its a pretty nifty piece of software for recovering data off damaged CD's.I have used it frequently and can vouch for its abilities.

Skyver 16:27 01 Dec 05

Ta - I've used CDCheck in the past - click here

Terry Brown 20:54 02 Dec 05

chegs

Thanks for the CD Check, I already have onmy system, however I have come across some CD's (self burn), which are not reading,dispite cleaning & de-greasing, and so I need a CD recovery program, as CDX is. Unfortunatly if you cannot register it, it will not work.

There is a registry entry on the software (hkey_local_machine) 321 studio /cdx rescue/settings

I need that key code to activate CDX,

The code is no good on it's own without the password & user, so piracy is not involved, just legal use of a valuable piece of software.

Terry

jack 08:24 03 Dec 05

For what it is worth I have used CDX in the past butfound BadCopy Pro superior- this too had been on a cover disk- but a Google will find it. Approx £15 to register [arn't they all?]

mimosa418 09:54 04 Dec 05

Here is registration from the cover disc copy I used some time ago
ID 3623427 password: 29512
Hope this helps

Terry Brown 20:34 04 Dec 05

Thanks for the codes, howver I have my own codes and password, however the activation site is now off line.

What I need is the activation code that is stored in the registry, after registering.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…