CDs playing on DVD players

SylvesterMagic 09:34 28 Dec 04

Is it possible to use a CD re-writer to create a disc that can then be viewed on a DVD player?

I want to copy photos on to a CD that I can then pass around to friends who could view the pictures on their DVD players. I know some DVD players view JPEGS, but not all my friends have such DVD players. I don't have a DVD re-writer.

AragornUK 09:42 28 Dec 04

It can be done. There a few programs that will create a VCD slideshow of your photos. Some are freeware, some aren't. The better ones usually need paying for. I'll dig out a couple of links.

SylvesterMagic 09:44 28 Dec 04

That would be brilliant... thankyou

AragornUK 10:03 28 Dec 04

In no particular order of usefulness or price:

xatshow (click here). The freeware version is limited but you can install a 30 day trial version of the Standard version that lets you create VCDs for DVD playback. I think there's a "created by xatshow" banner on the main index page unless registered.

Nero (click here). Lets you create a VCD (I think it allows jpegs only). But it doens't let you put a music track behind the images.

Adobe Photo Album 2.0 (click here). Decent slideshow creator in the full retail version. PC Wrold were selling it for around £20 before Christmas.

My Slide Show (click here). A $25 dollar product. There is a free download but I don't know how limited it is.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Codename NX console…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

8 things designers (and brands) need to know about the modern woman

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…