CDs onto DVD?

RedYelBlu 21:04 28 Aug 06

Can I burn music tracks from CDs (not MP3) onto a DVD? Can I use Nero or Roxio for this?

skell 21:07 28 Aug 06

yes

SANTOS7 21:08 28 Aug 06

click here
prog in the link says you can..

SANTOS7 21:11 28 Aug 06

click here
seems you can burn to DvD with nero as well

eedcam 22:02 28 Aug 06

Well I would try a trial of Audio dvd creator much better than Nero in my opion

theDarkness 00:20 29 Aug 06

im just wondering what the point would be in copying/burning to the same or similar lossless music format as normal audio cds if it would take up alot of space and most standard cd players wouldnt be able to read it

rodriguez 00:38 29 Aug 06

DVD's are for data tracks and nothing else. The only way to get music on a DVD is to use music files such as MP3, WMA, OGG or if you want the best quality, WAV. You can't have an audio DVD track as players won't read it and writers won't write it. The links that SANTOS7 posted just mean you can burn music to DVD with files such as MP3, WMA or any other music file format. DVD Audio discs also use files to store the music, but these are bigger than MP3 and the other formats because the quality is higher. However recording anything in this format is useless as the quality from CD tracks won't improve and neither will the quality of MP3, WMA etc.

Mandillion 13:48 30 Aug 06

Hi , The above program will allow you to create a music DVD with on screen menus that will play in a standard DVD player. I don't know of any other burning software that does this.
They reckon you can get 50 hours on one disc, but I ain't got that much music myself - otherwise I find that this feature works fine, (you can even add album art if you have the time) and it works with most types of music file.

€dstowe 14:30 30 Aug 06

Remember from a practical (handling) point of view that DVDs are much more delicate than CDs and require more careful handling.

Also, as you may already be aware, DVDs will not play in a CD player.

JYPX 01:47 31 Aug 06

Here is a link to Audio dvd creator as mentioned by eedcam. 5 or 6 cd's onto a dvd at full cd audio quality. I believe the software creates minimal video content (an image of your choice) to enable the disc to be recognised by your dvd player.
click here
However, it looks expensive to me. If Roxio can do exactly the same I would go with them.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

Where HTML5 is headed next

MacBook Pro v Surface Pro 5