Is CDRW/DVD-RW defective?

Rogmur 19:37 18 Jan 04

Hi to all Forum Members

I am worried about my Sony DRW-10A CDRW/DVD RW drive, as it does not allow me to copy pdf files (or any files for that matter) to CDRW's or DVD RW's (of any format).

What I find bizarre and most infuriating is the error message which states the following:

"Error, Unable to write to Disk Disk is Write Protected Remove Write Protection and re-insert disk".

Surely this is nonsense as this applies only to write protected floppy disks?

Please can some one advise me???

Yours gratefully

Rogmur

wawadave 19:41 18 Jan 04

hello
i asume you use windows.look in device manager any problems showing?
next what burning soft ware are you useing?

cycoze 19:51 18 Jan 04

What OS are you using ? what writing software ? have the disc`s been formatted ? i believe MS backup on 98/ME does not recognise CD-RW .

wawadave 02:34 19 Jan 04

hello
try formating your -rw disks this might help.
what did device manager show?

Beautiful_Loser 07:03 19 Jan 04

My DVD drive's tray doesn't come out so that i repaired it by myself. After repairing it is almost smooth and good for system tray. However it cannot read any type of CD & DVD after i installing. I used windows XP. How can i repair it again ?

Please can someone advise me ?

Yours

B_L

Stuartli 09:32 19 Jan 04

You should have used the pin method to open the drive's tray via the small hole provided on the front; if you have taken it apart you may well have disturbed the setting(s) for either/both the DVD and/or CD laser(s).

Probably better posting a separate thread rather than hi-jacking this one....:-)

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Amazon Fire HD 8 review: A brilliant combination of function and value – with one massive caveat

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How to create an introvert-friendly workplace

iPhone 7 review: Enhanced cameras, a refreshed design and water resistance make the iPhone 7 an…