CDRW/DVD Problems

Worrel 16:03 29 May 05

Hi, I've got a Samsung CDRW/DVD SM-352F running as my D:/ Drive on my Dell Dimension 2400 which is on WinXP SP2. Is there anyway to fix this drive,it has an intermitant fault some times it works then it dosen't, divice manager says there are no problems,i click on properties and it shows the inserted disk as being full.

baldyx 17:07 29 May 05

I have similar intermittant problems on my Dimension 3000. My pc has Sonic DLA software installed and also Nero 6 software. I was tempted to uninstall the sonic but Dell support tells me the dvd drive won't work which i suspect. I use Nero 6 drivers where posible rather than Sonic .

Joe R 17:27 29 May 05

worrel,

can you shut down your pc, and check the IDE cable and PSU connector are fitted tightly, (both sides of the IDE).

This little autorun utility, can help with all sorts of optical drives, and may give you some more info.

click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…