cdrw - what burning software works ?

colrob 00:04 12 Jan 04

Just bought a Sony CRX230E CDRW. Can anyone tell mewhat burning software will work with it ?. No software came with it and my existing software (4 years old ) won't work.
I would appreciate your expert advice.

Col.

Giggle n' Bits 00:59 12 Jan 04

I would point you toward Nero Express but update with the latest download from Ahead.

When you say it won't work how it what way won't it work and which Windows do you run ?.

A good healthy system is a must for CD Wrtrs, if you have a low memory and resouces or a worn HDD this can stop things running smooth. More spec on your machine please and we may be able to find out whats causing things to stop your wrtr burning or what ever it is.

hugh-265156 01:03 12 Jan 04

i would recommend nero also click here very easy to use and should work with most writers.

use good quality discs for burning and you shouldnt get too many problems.

Stuartli 08:48 12 Jan 04

Nero Express is a good suggestion, but it is normally bundled as part of Nero 5, 5.5 and, I presume, Nero 6.

Learning the basics with Nero Express is an excellent way for beginners, who can progress to the full Nero program as they gain experience.

It's also worth downloading the Nero and Nero Express manuals from ahead's website - they are in pdf form and download very quickly.

stlucia 08:54 12 Jan 04

Your existing software may not work simply because it hasn't got up to date drivers. You may be able to get them of the software manufacturer's site on the web.

AubreyS 09:13 12 Jan 04

I use Easy CD Creator 6. It works well for me although most seem to prefer Nero.

Sheila-214876 13:28 12 Jan 04

At first I couldn't believe that any manufacturer would sell a unit without software to be able to use it. Every CD/RW drive I have bought came with NeroBurn and InCD. Try this site and see if it helps you. click here

TommyRed 14:18 12 Jan 04

I have XP which has it's own burning software. I couldn't get on with it and instead bought the latest version of Nero, Nero 6. This came with a serial key number and was suite 1 which has everything I wanted click here it's about a third of the way down and costs just over £6.00 delivered. HTH TR

colrob 23:15 12 Jan 04

Thanks to everyone for your response.My system is a 4 year old Dell - P3 500, 192 Ram, running Win 98se. My existing software is Adaptec Easy CD Creator version 3.5c (around 1999).The problem appears to be the software does not recognise the drive. Direct CD (part of Easy CD) wont launch and looking at backup discs in this "format" shows the disc as having nothing written on it, ie My Computer/E. Windows recognices the drive as does Device Manager (and no problems reported). In response to the recommendations to try Nero, I looked at their website last night and this particular drive ( Sony CRX230e) was not on their list of supported drives?.
I will download the free trial version of Nero and see if it works and willget back toyou tomorrow.
Thanks again
Col.

smegs 23:32 12 Jan 04

colrob, try to update Adaptec Easy CD Creator version 3.5c.

smegs 23:35 12 Jan 04

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

The Legend of Zelda Breath of the Wild review: Five hours with Zelda on the Nintendo Switch

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the painting-like animated sequences in A Monster Calls were created by Glassworks Barcelona

The 22 best Safari extensions | Best Safari plugins: Improve Apple's Safari web browser with these…