cdrw says no room on disc but there is ,why?

kayone 19:15 02 Jul 03

cdrw says put a disc in with enough space on it ,which i have done several times ,with no luck.anyone help a novice out .its a roxio basic cdrw ,should it be updated ?

powertool 19:31 02 Jul 03

I had similar problems with my cdrw and roxio software but these disappeared after I downloaded the latest version of the software from roxio.

Smiler 19:39 02 Jul 03

Not clear what you are trying to do. Is it to put the data onto an empty disc that is too small or trying to put data onto a disc you have already used but it has been closed??

graham√ 19:58 02 Jul 03

Smiler has it. You can't record on a disc if it has been recorded on and closed, even if there is room on it. If that's what you are trying to do, of course!

mole44 19:59 02 Jul 03

have you formatted the cdrw

kayone 23:22 02 Jul 03

i want to put data on a new disc from an already recorded dd.i set every thing up but it says try a new disc with enough room on it .as i have put in a brand new blank disc why is this happening .thankyou everyone ,im a novice

Smiler 10:01 03 Jul 03

So you are copying a data disc. Is this disc a 650MB capacity or a 700MB capacity. as you will need to use the same or larger capacity to include all data. Are you trying to copy the data onto a formatted RW disc as the capacity of these is a lot less than a normal disc.

nigelq 22:29 03 Jul 03

forget cdrw i hate `em not reliable never mind what program you use sooner or later they will let you down use cdr and sessions at 17p each you can afford to be wasteful

Smiler 09:41 04 Jul 03

I see you have marked this thread as solved but you haven't told us how it's been sorted. Which reply fixed it for you. It's annoying to give advice then not even a thnak you for our efforts.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Codename NX console…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

8 things designers (and brands) need to know about the modern woman

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…