cdrw rips incomplete

morganmight 17:32 28 Jan 04

I recently purchased a liton cdrw LTR-52327s.It seemed to work fine at first,ie:copying entire audio disks or drag and drop files,now every time I try to create a disk,nearly all the tracks skip,virtually to the point that no tracks play at all.The first 2 or 3 tracks are fine,but the rest are hopeless.Anyone know what I am doing wrong.I'm currently using win98se.

Lozzy 18:18 28 Jan 04

What software are you using??

morganmight 19:01 28 Jan 04

I am using nero express 5.5

Terry Brown 19:51 28 Jan 04

The simplist solution would be to burn at a slower speed.Although it sayts you can burn at 52 (?), this is only for top of the range (and price) CD's. try burning at half speed. Music files are well known for errors if you record too fast

morganmight 22:45 28 Jan 04

Thanks Terry Brown for your response,I have already tried burning at the slowest speed and had the same problem,what is so annoying is the fact it worked fine at first.

Terry Brown 07:17 26 Feb 04

Just a thought. Do you have any other programs runing in the background that are taking your resources.Try RUN, MSCONFIG . Go to Startup (Last box on right), disable all (requires restart). You may need to start INCD manually (or use a normal burn). If you have virus checker/Firewall they will not autostart so I would advise you not to connect to the internet until you reset MSCONFIg.
Hope this helps
Terry

grabster 07:27 26 Feb 04

I have the same drive as you and everything is spot on here,i dont use cdrw's only cdr's.
you could try the usual,defrag your hard drive,update your aspi layer or it could be crappy cd's.try using ripping software to extract the audio files into mp3's instead of copying as it could be a copy protection thingy.

bevanman 12:34 26 Feb 04

thanks for all your replies,I purchased some BENQ gold disks and so far they are working fine

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…