CDRW - OEM or Retail?

wobblymike 21:42 29 Dec 03

I am about to purchase a CDRW - can someone please explain the difference between an OEM and a retail item.

Thanks

A Cat Called George 21:50 29 Dec 03

Retail is the version you normally buy in the shops, boxed with software and manuals. The OEM version is normally for system builders and is just the drive with no extras. OEM is usually significantly cheaper but not worth getting if you need the cd burning software.

wobblymike 21:54 29 Dec 03

A Cat Called George

Thanks for the info - Will a normal vesion of Nero 6 work with an OEM device?

Mike

Dipso 21:58 29 Dec 03

Recently bought myself the Lite-On LTR-52327S (I recommend). Dabs are selling the OEM for £31 inc del. and retail for £33 so although OEM is usually significantly cheaper, it is not always the case.

You should be OK with your version of Nero 6 though.

wobblymike 22:06 29 Dec 03

Dipso

Thanks a rec is worth a couple of hours searching so I'll go with your suggestion, Thanks a lot

Rgds
Mike

Dipso 22:13 29 Dec 03

If you are going with my rec. the cheapest place to get them currently is Amazon click here £27.99 inc del. (I was just using the Dabs ad as an example).

Happy to help!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Method Studios' title sequence for BBC series Taboo is truly unsettling

Best Pages for iOS tips | How to use Pages for iPad & iPhone: 6 simple tips to get more out of…