Cdrw not working

Bagsey 09:02 05 Oct 03

Having just got my desktop computer back from Mesh I find that although the DVD reader and the CDrw drives read disks I am unable to write to CD. When trying I get the message that some DLLs are wrong?? This really means nothing to me and would be very pleased to have some advice on how to correct this problem. I am very reluctant to allow Mesh to have my machine for another 6 weeks.

Machine Mesh 1900 XP
Ram 1 gig.
Windows XP home

Oh yes and I am not getting any sound either.

pinka 09:17 05 Oct 03

make sure you have the sound drivers installed , and do you have your windows disk as you may have to repair to get the dll's back .

Bagsey 11:52 05 Oct 03

^

richierich 14:31 05 Oct 03

Been running the above to watch dvd movies ok on 2 PCs, installed it on 3rd and when starting it up it reports "cannot construct filter graph"
any ideas what this means.
all systems running win2000

richierich 14:37 05 Oct 03

sorry about the above irrelavant posting, imeant to start a new thread sorry.

Rayuk 14:41 05 Oct 03

If you are using 3rd party burning software have you tried uninstalling it then reinstalling plus see if there are any updates for it.

Bagsey 21:51 05 Oct 03

Is there no one that has any clues to offer on my CDRW problem. I would HATE to have to go back to Mesh.Cheers and thanks in advance

smegs 23:40 05 Oct 03

It sounds like a Software problem. Try doing what Rayuk has said. Sound problem, Make sure Ur sound isn't muted. Control Panel-Sounds & Audio Devivces-Volume Tab- In Device Volume, Advanced button-The Play Control come up, Make sure none R Muted.

woodchip 23:55 05 Oct 03

Have you any separate Burning software like NERO etc if so load that far better than XP

woodchip 00:03 06 Oct 03

NERO 5.5 £14 inc vat and p&p click here

Simsy 09:31 06 Oct 03

I just lokked at that site, woodchip. Though the price for Nero might be good, have you seen some of the other prices...

Drive Image 2, yes 2, £27.00!!! Partition Magic 7 is £57.00!! It wasn't that much when it was current!

Regards,

Simsy

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Hands-on with the Star Wars fighting drones you can fly yourself

iPhone 9 and beyond: 32 amazing future smartphone developments - graphene, supercapacitor…