Cdrw not working

Bagsey 09:02 05 Oct 03

Having just got my desktop computer back from Mesh I find that although the DVD reader and the CDrw drives read disks I am unable to write to CD. When trying I get the message that some DLLs are wrong?? This really means nothing to me and would be very pleased to have some advice on how to correct this problem. I am very reluctant to allow Mesh to have my machine for another 6 weeks.

Machine Mesh 1900 XP
Ram 1 gig.
Windows XP home

Oh yes and I am not getting any sound either.

pinka 09:17 05 Oct 03

make sure you have the sound drivers installed , and do you have your windows disk as you may have to repair to get the dll's back .

Bagsey 11:52 05 Oct 03

^

richierich 14:31 05 Oct 03

Been running the above to watch dvd movies ok on 2 PCs, installed it on 3rd and when starting it up it reports "cannot construct filter graph"
any ideas what this means.
all systems running win2000

richierich 14:37 05 Oct 03

sorry about the above irrelavant posting, imeant to start a new thread sorry.

Rayuk 14:41 05 Oct 03

If you are using 3rd party burning software have you tried uninstalling it then reinstalling plus see if there are any updates for it.

Bagsey 21:51 05 Oct 03

Is there no one that has any clues to offer on my CDRW problem. I would HATE to have to go back to Mesh.Cheers and thanks in advance

smegs 23:40 05 Oct 03

It sounds like a Software problem. Try doing what Rayuk has said. Sound problem, Make sure Ur sound isn't muted. Control Panel-Sounds & Audio Devivces-Volume Tab- In Device Volume, Advanced button-The Play Control come up, Make sure none R Muted.

woodchip 23:55 05 Oct 03

Have you any separate Burning software like NERO etc if so load that far better than XP

woodchip 00:03 06 Oct 03

NERO 5.5 £14 inc vat and p&p click here

Simsy 09:31 06 Oct 03

I just lokked at that site, woodchip. Though the price for Nero might be good, have you seen some of the other prices...

Drive Image 2, yes 2, £27.00!!! Partition Magic 7 is £57.00!! It wasn't that much when it was current!

Regards,

Simsy

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…