cdrw installation problems on a tiny

Allin 19:35 12 Mar 03

A friend has just bought a cdrw from computer world and had problems with it.It was replaced and the problem is still there.After installation Nero burning rom scans ide bus and then the pc freezes.I re installed and then found a lot of resource conflicts.I removed everything that was doubled up in Device manager.Rebooted and everything was reinstalled twice ?.In device manager it states that the cdrw is ok but lists the mouse/keyboard/system timer/pci bus as all having conflicts.The manual settings do not work as the resources in question cannot be changed.
HELP

Lone Crow 20:29 12 Mar 03

I had very similar problems (same symptoms) in the past trying to connect an LS-120 drive into an IBM Aptiva which should have worked fine. To cut a long story short it was due to a conflict that proved unresolveable with the make of drive I had bought, but fitting an alternative make worked with no problems whatsoever. I would suggest borrowing an alternative CD-RW drive from a friend if you can to see if you get the same problems. If not, you need a different make! Ain't PCs wonderful?! LC.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…