CD/RW as floppy

mrchips 16:19 19 Mar 03

Can anyone advise me how to use a CD/RW the same as a floppy disk "ie" being able to make changes to files and save them.

powerless 16:26 19 Mar 03

Use Nero's INCD or Roxios Direct CD. click here click here

Or use XP's Send to CD-RW.

BRYNIT 16:27 19 Mar 03

you will need to format the CD/RW disk first using the program you have with your CDrw this will allow you to drag and drop files from windows explorer or open change and save diect to the CD/RW disk

TBH1 16:27 19 Mar 03

I use Adaptec software and there is an option in there to do just what you require - - though you do have to format your discs first which cuts down their size from 650mb to maybe a little over 500mb. You can use CD or CDRW - - with the latter your are able to delete , the former just to write til the disc is full. It does act as a floppy disc drive, or even a hard disc drive .

Goldcroft 16:30 19 Mar 03

Read about this in the PC Advisor April edition No 92, p 161. There's a utility on the Nero Burning ROM called InCD. But there are several warnings that "an error during writing could make the whole contents of the disk inaccessible" with no way of retrieval. Don't use it for important files.

€dstow 16:33 19 Mar 03

If you do manage to get this to work, don't entrust anything valuable to be stored on the CDRW.

CDRWs have an annoying habit of becoming unreadable for multiple reasons, none of which are good ones.

I do not let CDRW disks on to my premises. You would be wise in my opinion not to let them on to yours either. CDRs are so cheap now, it's hardly worth while relying on a CDRW which may re-writable but if it's unreadable, it's not much use.

€d

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…