cd/rw +dvd/rw sound jacks

china boy 07:32 21 Mar 04

please could anyone surgest a fix for problem with sound output jacks on the front of these devices.this has occured with a new pc build,using Asus 64 bit M/B K8 DELUXE with AMD 3000 MHz cpu.I have fitted sound cables from back of devices and run them to the respective inputs on M/B ie CD and AUX I tried selecting digital output from devices in the device manager properties,but this also does not fix the problem.Also l have had the volume turned up also,Please feel free to make your surgestions.

Derek 07:52 21 Mar 04

Slightly confused, the output jacks on the front of your CD DVD players etc will respond if your pop in a set of headphones, load up a cd with a song on it and, you should then hear ot playing provided that the volume slider on the front is turned up.
This will work whether you have connection at the back or not.
Try this first.
The output at the back is pretty well the same as the front but, you have a plugging facility to go into your MB.
Having tried this earphone thing, and if it works then come back.

china boy 20:54 21 Mar 04

Thank's Derek,
Sorry to disapoint or confuse you but still no sound available at the two front sound jack possitions.Yes l have checked the small wheel type volume control,and have set to max on each devise.I have checked my rear output cables from the back of cd/rw dvd/rw.They are the type with the small plastic clip so can only bee fitted the correct way around,as are the connections on the M/B.I can play an audio cd and hear music as normal from my two desktop stereo speakers,so still veed as to what this problem is.I am using win xp pro as my opperating system.I have loaded xp servise pack one with no apparent problems ensuing.More surgestions would be most welcome.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…