Cdrw drawer won't open

Marty1 17:50 29 Jan 04

I have a Memorex TwelveMAXX1032 cdrw which won't let me open the drawer and I have to use the manual 'pin' method. Neither pushing the eject button or software ejects work. However, both these methods work fine when the drive is empty.

AubreyS 18:12 29 Jan 04

Try pushing a paper clip into the hole in the front of the drawer. It needs a fair amount of pressure. If that won't work, reboot pushing the eject button whilst its rebooting.

billyliv 18:13 29 Jan 04

Hi, Sounds like your CD/RW is waiting for the software to complete its program. What O.S. are you using and do you have more than one writing program? Cheers, Bill

Can you right click on the drive and select 'Eject'?

Marty1 11:57 30 Jan 04

Bill, I am using 98SE and I only have the one program, Easy Cd Creator 4. I have since discovered that the problem only exists with my data discs; it will eject music cds fine.

Sheila-214876 12:52 30 Jan 04

If you are using formatted CD/RW discs you cannot eject using the buttons on the front of the CD. Try right clicking on the drive letter (D:?) and then "Eject".

Marty1 13:03 30 Jan 04

As I mentioned initially guys(and gals!, "neither pushing the eject button or software ejects work".

Gongoozler 14:01 30 Jan 04

It has to be software that is causing the problem. I suggest uninstalling Easy Cd Creator and any packet writing application that goes with it. If you can then eject the cd normally you will have proved that is the culprit. Reinstalling Easy Cd Creator may then still allow cd ejection. Otherwise I have found NTI CD-Maker from the Nov 2003 cover disk of PC Advisor mag to be quite good.

Marty1 15:32 30 Jan 04

Thanks Gongoozler, reinstalling the software cured the problem....guess these things just glitch occasionally.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…