CD+RW CD-RW ?

trainman 2 13:58 17 Sep 03

HI CAN ANY ONE TELL ME WHICH CD'S I SHOULD BUY IS THERE ANY DIFFERENCE BETWEEN CD-RW & CD+RW THANKING YOU TRAINMAN2

stlucia 14:18 17 Sep 03

I'm not aware that there is any + for CDs; they are either CD-R or CD-RW.

DVDs come in + and - versions, and I'm sure other contributers will be able to tell you what the differences are if you need to know.

Jester2K II 14:20 17 Sep 03

I agree with stlucia

No such thing as CD+RW (probably means CD-RW)

Only DVD-RW and DVD+RW

-pops- 14:22 17 Sep 03

Whether plus or minus, I would avoid!!!!

CDRW disks are crreations of the devil

Andsome 14:23 17 Sep 03

AGREED

Channel 18:26 17 Sep 03

As someone new to CDRW, I'd like to know why I should avoid them ? I have had problems with "burn not fixated" or similar, and suppose the discs are then unusable.But they are the only way I've found to back up My documents on a weekly basis.

Andsome 08:45 18 Sep 03

It's too easy to delete items saved on them.

Jester2K II 08:46 18 Sep 03

Far far far less stable than CDR too...

seedie 09:11 18 Sep 03

I backup using CDR and nero. very little overhead on disk space using multisession.

Got a box of CD-RW disks going in the bin tommorrow along with Incd

CD

graham√ 09:21 18 Sep 03

But I use a CD-RW to transfer data to a '95 PC. Never have any problems, and you only need one.

The Sack 11:26 18 Sep 03

Hmmm, i use Verbatim 24X US CD-RW and they show levels of C1 errors well within reasonable limits of the error correction capabitlitys of any CD-ROM drive. In fact they burn better than most CMC made CD-R.

click here to see the errors on a 24X CD-RW

click here to see the errors on a 1 year old Ritek.

Now tell me again that CD-R are more stable than CD-RW.

For test burning, transfering data, packet writing etc. they are wonderfull things.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…