cdrw + cd rom drive not working

delonghi 05:03 16 Jan 05

Hi, first time here, having some trouble with these two drives, hope someone can help. I using windows 98se and the door/loading bay of my cdrw drive keeps running in and out litterley, is it looking for a disc or what?. I don't see any software in the programs list relating to burning cd's, also my cr rom drive will not read cd's, i don't know what make make or model they are.
thanks delonghi.
P.S. i am a novice at computers so any help is welcome.

AndySD 05:28 16 Jan 05

Go Start then Settings and then Control Panel choose Add/Remove Programs and look for something like click here

Also do you have an updated virus checker?

delonghi 02:16 17 Jan 05

Hi AndySD
Thanks for the reply, no joy i'm afraid, i searched the entire computer for the open_cd.exe but found nothing, i do have up to date virus software (norton) but it to found nothing, dont'n know what to do next.

ened 07:19 17 Jan 05

You could try opening the case and ensuring all cables are firmly attached. Check the IDE cable is properly inserted into the mobo.

delonghi 23:27 17 Jan 05

Hi Ened
Thanks aswell for the reply, did as you suggested and everything there seems fine, anymore ideas?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best Christmas Agency Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…