CDRW - Cant copy photos to cdrw

create 16:23 29 Dec 03

When trying to save a photograph from my pictures to cdrw i am getting a message saying

Make sure the disk is not full or write-protected and that the file is not currently in use.

The disk does not have anything on it and it has 700MB of free space.

Does anyone have any ideas as to what may be causing the problem?

Gongoozler 16:26 29 Dec 03

Hi create. Photos are usually just jpg files, and are written to cd-rw in the same way as any other file. How are you trying to write to the disk, and what software are you using to do it?

oldal 16:27 29 Dec 03

Which software are you using

Jester2K 16:33 29 Dec 03

What model CD Writer?

What version Windows?

create 18:12 29 Dec 03

i am using win m.e. and using send to drive :e

Simsy 20:26 29 Dec 03

"send to .." command, (from the right click I presume), this suggests you are using a "Packet writing" method.

The disk needs to be formatted first to use packet writing.

If you have InCD installed, (which is a sister programme to Nero), you format by right clicking over the InCD icon in the system tray. I'm not sure how you do it with other software, but my guess is that it would be using a similar method.

Good luck,

Regards,

Simsy

Gongoozler 22:55 29 Dec 03

But, don't forget that if you are using packet writing you will only be able to read the disk on a computer with suitable software sich as InCD. If you write using Nero or similar, the cd will be readable on almost any pc.

<<Make sure the disk is not full or write-protected and that the file is not currently in use>>This message might have an other meaning ,its either the Input problem,which the guys gave their views about above,or the Output which could be :the Data your trying to copy is used by an opend application like photo editor or anything of its kind.
good luck

VoG II 23:07 29 Dec 03

I think the disk isn't formatted, as Simsy said.

canard 23:14 29 Dec 03

Remember that you need to make a data disc for pics. Also you may want to show them on your TV. So if you're converting from a photo file format blow the pic up to max before converting TIFs or PNGs to JPEG because although your DVD player recognises JPEGs they won't look good if you've blown up a small JPEG for the big screen. Those grotty photos we see on the news are all lazy JPEG jobs.

nyleridedog 14:21 30 Dec 03

looks like you have been trying to just put them in the e drive, like a floppy! this will not work
You will have to use your cd burning software to create a data cd and select all the photo's you want to put on the blank disk.

It is possible to use the e drive like a floppy disk, if you format it with the incd software.
then you can send whatever you want to it using the send to command.
Or you can just drag and drop

cheers

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Why ecommerce hasn't taken off on social media

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…