cdrw

susiepops 12:38 09 Oct 05

When attempting to format a rewritable cd i get the following error message. 'file lgc.bin not present or damaged'

Is there a way to correct this or is the disc unusable.

susiepops 12:42 09 Oct 05

Sorry. Meant to say I am using InCD

MAJ 12:48 09 Oct 05

The file "lgc.bin" is part of InCD, susiepops, so if it is reporting as "not present or damaged", try uninstalling and re-installing InCD.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 12:59 09 Oct 05

It is located in the file

nero burning rom\InCD 4\lgc.bin.cab

pj123 13:03 09 Oct 05

I never format CDRWs anymore. Just use Nero and set them as multisession. You can still add and delete files but you lose the "drag and drop" system. It always has to be done via Nero.

MAJ 13:54 09 Oct 05

Mine is located in the folder C:\Program Files\Ahead\InCD. If you don't have the latest version, you can download if you click here

pj123 14:22 09 Oct 05

InCD 4 gave me so many problems which was the reason I decided not to format any more.

I now don't have InCD any version on my computer.

MAJ 14:42 09 Oct 05

I don't use CD-RWs, full stop, they just aren't reliable enough. As pj123 says, it's far better to use CD-Rs on Multi-session mode, they're much more reliable and they're so inexpensive.

Kenneth-266656 15:21 09 Oct 05

Like Maj I never use CD-RWs only CD-Rs and then not the cut price spindle varieties. Never found the former any good at all - very unreliable.

susiepops 15:26 09 Oct 05

The answer was to remove and then reinstall INCD. Thanks.

I agree INCD seems a constant cause of problems but I will use it until my existing Cds fail. I too now burn my main backups to CDR ir DVD but find the RWs handy for the 'quickie' except of course when faced with a problem by which time it is too late so to apeak.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

New Google phones UK release date | Pixel XL price, new features, specifications: Pixel X and…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

iOS 10 troubleshooting tips: Simple fixes for the most common iOS 10 problems, from network…