Cdrom Problem

hspurs 10:10 11 Dec 03

I seem to be having avery strange problem with my cd writer and cdrom. When i try to install any software which is more than one cd.
The first cd installS fine when i put the second one in its not recconised. If i use my computer to explore the cd it still shows me the contents of the first cd, even if i use refresh it still shows the contents of the first cd.Has anyone else had this problem and can help.
I am using windows xp.
Thanks

Try putting the 2nd CD in first, just to see what happens.

hspurs 13:38 11 Dec 03

Same problem
Can anybody elde help

Is this more than one software? Is it possible you have two copies of disc 1?

Stuartli 13:52 11 Dec 03

This does occasionally happen after removing the first CD or any CD for that matter - the disk's contents information is still detailed in My Computer.

I find that by opening My Computer again and then clicking on D (if this is your CD-ROM drive) that it will then recognise the second disk's contents.

hspurs 13:54 11 Dec 03

No its not the same copy of disc 1. I have tried several of my sons games as well. all with the same problem.

hspurs 13:56 11 Dec 03

I have tried that as well Stuartli without success.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

The Legend of Zelda Breath of the Wild review: Five hours with Zelda on the Nintendo Switch

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the painting-like animated sequences in A Monster Calls were created by Glassworks Barcelona

The 22 best Safari extensions | Best Safari plugins: Improve Apple's Safari web browser with these…