CD/ROM DRIVE NOT ACCESSIBLE

ROY-202110 15:18 21 Jan 05

I am having probs with my cd/rom drive and also my cd/rw drive....I am getting the message "the drive is not accessible incorrect function...the request is not supported"...although in the hardware it states this device is working...Please help......Roy

buscrew 17:39 21 Jan 05

Try removing them both from device manager, reboot and let windows re-install them. This sometimes cures problems such as this.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 18:39 21 Jan 05

No CD/DVD
Try this if the optical drives are not appearing in My Computer or Device Manager. This is sometimes caused by the removal of Roxio software. Run regedit and navigate to registry key HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Class\{4D36E965-E325-11CE-BFC1-08002BE10318}. Highlight it and in the right pane, find the Upperfilters and Lowerfilters values. Highlight each one in turn, right click and delete them. Close regedit and restart the computer. If in doubt make a restore point before making changes.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

New Google phones UK release date | Pixel XL price, new features, specifications: Pixel X and…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

iOS 10 troubleshooting tips: Simple fixes for the most common iOS 10 problems, from network…