CDROM- device not ready

jiggers 07:55 30 Aug 05

When I try to open a CD in my CD rom I get a message "The device is not ready". The CD drive icon in My Computer does not show that I have loaded a disk though, if it is an audio disk I can play it with Windows CD player. All in device manager is well and there are no problems with cables or the drive. My hard drive had three partitions, one for games with Windows 98SE loaded, one for office work with Windows XP home loaded and the third I use for the internet with Windows 98 loaded. The CD rom works perfectly with the operating systems on Windows XP and one of the Windows 98 partitions but not in the third so it can't be any sort of hardware fault. Any ideas?

Diodorus Siculus 08:16 30 Aug 05

Even though the device manager thinks it is ok, remove from there and reboot - that may solve any drivers issues.

jiggers 20:55 30 Aug 05

In Device Manager, I right clicked on my CD rom drive and clicked "remove". I then rebooted but still have the same problem. Any other ideas?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Pantone Colour of the Year 2017 is Green

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…