cdrom controller prob(urgent)

person mcperson 17:36 25 Dec 03

i have a dell computer with windows 98se. my cdrom drive was working one day, and then one time i turned it on and the bios detected it but windows wont reconize. when i go into control panel, it says that there is an error with the primary and secondary channels, but not the main controller. the error is : the device either is working, isnt present, or doesnt have all the drivers installed. when i clik update drivers it says that the best drivers are all ready installed. I just got a mp3 player and a digital camera but i cant use them because of this problem. i seriouly need help. thank u soo much

Big Elf 17:52 25 Dec 03

Have a look at this thread, particularly the post by the Forum Editor.

Big Elf 17:53 25 Dec 03

It would obviously help if I posted the link click here

person mcperson 01:47 26 Dec 03

i searched the registry and i didnt find BAD_IDE or NO_IDE. the ios.log reported mbrint as an unkonw int 13 hooker. pleeese help

Big Elf 11:37 26 Dec 03

bump

person mcperson 16:32 26 Dec 03

come again?

Big Elf 16:37 26 Dec 03

I was getting the thread refreshed so that it moved back to the top for other people to see and hopefully post suggestions.

Disclaimer
Big Elf categorically does not suggest bumping a CD drive as a means of 'fixing' it.

You're back near the top again now.

person mcperson 17:05 26 Dec 03

o

Big Elf 17:13 26 Dec 03

Done some research (googled). Read click here

Update your anti-virus and run a check.

Big Elf 17:16 26 Dec 03

I meant to say "Also update your ...etc"

Another link is at click here

Big Elf 17:18 26 Dec 03

And finally click here which is the easiest to understand (for me anyway).

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Qualcomm Snapdragon 835 benchmarks: Antutu, Geekbench 4, GFXBench and PCMark results

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This stop-frame animation tells a moving story of domestic violence for Refuge

New iPad 2017 preview: Apple's affordable but underspecced new iPad may appeal to the education…