cdrom controller prob(urgent)

person mcperson 17:36 25 Dec 03

i have a dell computer with windows 98se. my cdrom drive was working one day, and then one time i turned it on and the bios detected it but windows wont reconize. when i go into control panel, it says that there is an error with the primary and secondary channels, but not the main controller. the error is : the device either is working, isnt present, or doesnt have all the drivers installed. when i clik update drivers it says that the best drivers are all ready installed. I just got a mp3 player and a digital camera but i cant use them because of this problem. i seriouly need help. thank u soo much

Big Elf 17:52 25 Dec 03

Have a look at this thread, particularly the post by the Forum Editor.

Big Elf 17:53 25 Dec 03

It would obviously help if I posted the link click here

person mcperson 01:47 26 Dec 03

i searched the registry and i didnt find BAD_IDE or NO_IDE. the ios.log reported mbrint as an unkonw int 13 hooker. pleeese help

Big Elf 11:37 26 Dec 03

bump

person mcperson 16:32 26 Dec 03

come again?

Big Elf 16:37 26 Dec 03

I was getting the thread refreshed so that it moved back to the top for other people to see and hopefully post suggestions.

Disclaimer
Big Elf categorically does not suggest bumping a CD drive as a means of 'fixing' it.

You're back near the top again now.

person mcperson 17:05 26 Dec 03

o

Big Elf 17:13 26 Dec 03

Done some research (googled). Read click here

Update your anti-virus and run a check.

Big Elf 17:16 26 Dec 03

I meant to say "Also update your ...etc"

Another link is at click here

Big Elf 17:18 26 Dec 03

And finally click here which is the easiest to understand (for me anyway).

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…