CDrive has 9.28GB on it

It's Me 15:39 25 Jul 04

An earlier thread has started me off on this, as it seems that I may have a problem that I didn't know about, if you see what I mean.
I have a new machine that had XP Home on it which I have upgraded to XP Pro.
'C' drive contains only that which I couldn't put elsewhere such as Works 2004 and software that was installed when I got the machine. All the other stuff is on other partitions.
'C' Drive is made up of:-
Page file.sys 3.00GB
Programmes 1.88GB
Windows 2.85GB
Drivers 0.53GB
1386 0.43GB
plus another dozen files and folders of small size.(under 250KB)
Is this a normal size for all this stuff? It seems a lot to me when I was able to keep 'C' drive on my old machine running Me at less than 2.5GB.
And, how is it possible to put the Page file on another partition as the earlier thread suggested it was possible ti so do?
I have to say that I don't find everything slow, in fact it is all quicker than I had it before using ME, but then that may well be due to moving from an Athlon 1200 to a 64 3200.
I've attacked the registry using Norton and CClean both of which have shifted a fair bit but I am still left with this above.

bremner 15:44 25 Jul 04

Yes all is normal and you could put the paging file on another drive - but if all is well and the machine is performing well why bother?

woodchip 15:52 25 Jul 04

The disc space is being used at a fast rate with the system restore, you can turn it of if you create a Image file of C:\ as I did but you are better removing the rubbish that's been installed that you will never use. Windows accessories was installed on my comp as was Works 7 and I do not need them so I removed. You can do a cleanup of the C:\ Drive by double click on My Computer then on C:\ Drive choose Cleanup you can also remove "all but the latest" Restore points to free some space under More options

It's Me 16:00 25 Jul 04

Many thanks!

Stuartli 18:02 25 Jul 04

System Restore is set to 12 per cent by default - with a big HDD you can set it at about a quarter to a third of that percentage and still have plenty of room for the files.

My 60GB HDD is set at three per cent (about 1561MB).

Mister Splendid©® 18:49 25 Jul 04

Save 2GB by changing your pagefile to 1GB.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Hands-on with the Star Wars fighting drones you can fly yourself

15 macOS Sierra tips | How to use macOS Sierra: Secret tricks and best new features in Apple's new…