CDR CDRW ?

russmini 21:49 12 Dec 04

Ok, so another stupid question, CDR ? Do i take it that you can record to this and that is it, CD is then finished. But CDRW you can record then record (write) over that time and time again ?
Is it best to buy the correct one for a paticular job or just buy CDRW ?

Thankyou..

stalion 22:00 12 Dec 04

Depends what you want to do CDRW you can overwrite many times as you have commented CDR you can only write once.If it is something you want to keep use CDR,if you are constantly going to change the content use CDRW.Best to buy some of each

PSF 22:01 12 Dec 04

Cdr's are cheap now if it goes wrong you can write another one.

You can make a multi-session cdr and keep and adding to it until it is full.

A CDRW is handy for testing to see if a program burns ok. It is claimed you can re-write them approx 1000 times. The dis-advantage of CDRW is not all players will read them eg car players.

lixdexik 22:06 12 Dec 04

It is as you say..Cd r can only be written on once.. that is to say that you can't update what is on the disc once written, BUT if you use the disc as a multi session disc you can add information to the cd. you can do this several times, but only to the limit of the discs capacity. Ie: if you first burn a 50mg file to the disc you can then burn another file or files later. you cant write over any existing file on the disc. With a cd.rw disc you use it like a floppy disc or hard drive, rewriting/over writing hundreds of times.

A bit of a waffel but I hope it has helped.

Cheers Lixdexik

lixdexik 22:08 12 Dec 04

lixdexik.

russmini 22:08 12 Dec 04

Mainly going to use it to store photo's, might edit these but suppose i could then save again to another CDR, which is more stable, i.e. won't hopefully lose irreplacible memories ?

lixdexik 22:10 12 Dec 04

Lixdexik.

russmini 22:55 12 Dec 04

thankyou all, lixdexic seems people type quicker than me as well, oh well.

Thankyou all..

Will mark with tick

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…