C_DILLA

prima12 18:47 23 Mar 03

I've just noticed this program on my PC, I know basically that it's something to do with CD copyright protection, according to Google, and that Spybot S&D warn me about removing it, but do I need it, will it cause any problems if I do remove it, and what program was likely to have installed it?

MAJ 19:03 23 Mar 03

If Spybot warns you about it then it's usually okay to delete it. Get Spybot to take a backup so that you can restore it if you find later that some one of your programs need it to operate.

-pops- 19:08 23 Mar 03

click here Don't get too paranoid about it thought!

Brian

prima12 19:14 23 Mar 03

This is the message Spybot S&D gives me, with an exclamation mark against it, and it doesn't automatically remove it when I ask it to 'Fix selected items'. So I don't know whether to leave it alone or what.

Copyright protection software

Description
BE WARNED: The application that has installed CDilla may stop working if you remove it!
Do not remove if you haven't updated to 1.1 rel 3 or later!

Basically, protection against pirated copies of copyrighted media is a good thing. The bad thing about this one is that it is often installed without the knowledge of the user. Old advertisement from Macrovision said that CDilla (or SafeCast to call it by their name) would protect against unauthorized internet downloads. While this would mean that it would watch all internet transfer, such functionality could not be found. Notice: while we currently detect CDilla, We DO condemn audio/video/software piracy.

BE WARNED: The application that has installed CDilla may stop working if you remove it!
Do not remove if you haven't updated to 1.1 rel 4 or later!

You may need to keep CDilla on your system because another application needs it as a license management system. There were some reports that CDilla would phone home, but that hasn't be proven. As a general safety measure, we recommend you use a firewall.

woodchip 22:35 23 Mar 03

It was also part of Cnet updates when run by Zdnet

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

iPhone 7 review: a range of small updates add up to an excellent phone

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How New York’s Stylin’ Seniors became a golden social media campaign

23 Apple Watch tips & secret features: Master your Apple Watch, Apple Watch Series 1 or Apple…