cdfs audio files

johnnyrocker 15:17 PM 18 Feb 12

some time ago i stupidly lost all my music when i overwrote the folder of my music and was unable to undo this either by system restore or using recuva which it was thought might help but no luck. a friend lent me some cd's to copy to my machine but unfortunattely they will neither play as a cd or from my music on pc to which they were copied, they are in the above listed format for which i cannot find any details.

would appreciate some knowledgeable suggestions.

XP pro SP3

northumbria61 15:35 PM 18 Feb 12

You need a CDFS to Mp3 Audio Converter such as this (FREE) enter link description here

Read the description of what it does then choose your download.

Others may have alternative suggestions.

johnnyrocker 15:43 PM 18 Feb 12

might be ok but i am a bit worried about red wot rating is it safe?

northumbria61 15:48 PM 18 Feb 12

Sorry - I never noticed that although I am using WOT. Have a look around for something similar (with a good WOT rating) if not successful I may have more time later to search.

johnnyrocker 15:54 PM 18 Feb 12

my thanks for the interest

rdave13 17:22 PM 18 Feb 12

I'm surprised you can't play the CDs in your PC. Is this the same with all CDs? If you're having problems then try ripping the CDs to another format to your drive instead of copying.

johnnyrocker 19:37 PM 18 Feb 12

i have no problems with ordinary cd's as i say the disc appears to be in cdfs format which even VLC will not play.

rdave13 20:15 PM 18 Feb 12
  johnnyrocker 20:37 PM 18 Feb 12

not much help but thanks it is not i feel the same problem or system.

rdave13 21:08 PM 18 Feb 12

Not same system I agree but should show similar in XP. Do you have FormatFactory ? That might convert the files.

johnnyrocker 22:01 PM 18 Feb 12

unfortunately no i do not

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best Android apps 2015/2016: Best apps for your new phone or tablet - what apps should I download?

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Uniqlo uses your brain waves to find your perfect T-shirt

What everyone thinks of the new Steve Jobs movie | 21 Facts about the Steve Jobs film | PLUS:…