CD/DVD wRITER

ponytail 09:59 28 Dec 09

I have just gone to burn a CD but when I pressed the button the tray does not come out.I wanted to check to see if it appears in device manager but where do I look

rdave13 10:16 28 Dec 09

If xp; •Click on Start - Settings - Control Panel
•Double click on System
•Click on the Hardware tab at the top of the System Properties page
•Click on Device Manager
Yoy could also try My Computer and see if it's listed there. If so then right click and select 'eject'.

ponytail 10:17 28 Dec 09

Hi rdave13 I clicked on start but there is nothing for settings.what I did before was start,all programms,system,hardware then device manager but when I get there what is my CD writer listed under it is a NEC model

rdave13 10:31 28 Dec 09

Should be listed under DVD/CD rom drives in device manager.
Can you see it in My Computer?
click here

oldbeefer2 10:35 28 Dec 09

You could always use a paperclip in the small hole on the front to open it manually (in case it's stuck).

ponytail 10:47 28 Dec 09

Hi Guys
I have no listing DVD/CD-Rom drives in my devices and it does not appear on my computer.Under display drivers I have floppy disc controllers. Does that mean itis not recognised by my PC.

ponytail 10:50 28 Dec 09

When I click on start there is nothing there for settings so I go straight to control panel is that ok.

rdave13 10:50 28 Dec 09

Try this Doug Knox fix for XP; click here

rdave13 10:51 28 Dec 09

No problem, the more help the merrier.

rdave13 10:56 28 Dec 09

Yes go straight to control panel- Start- control panel- system etc.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 11:07 28 Dec 09

The CD burning program will "lock" the drive tray until completion, you will need to finish the burn and click "Done" or End or whatever your program uses to acknowledge completion.

What program are you using to Burn disks?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…