cd/dvd rw disc read errors

donatello 23:38 03 Nov 04

Im using pinnacle 7 to write info /pic files such as jpeg images to both dvd and cd r discs.But the same problem crops up again and again i put the disc in to read off or add files or images to it and it cant be read from. this is now getting annoying as i have lots of discs with files on i cannot access so they are now useless.Anyone else having this or similar problems with pinnacle software.I use XP /sony 230E cd/rw pioner 107D dvd /rw and the firmware is up to date.Pinnacle is also latest on offer update wise.Have tried recovery programmes but on loading discs computer stops responding untill disc is ejected.

hugh-265156 23:54 03 Nov 04

does the drive read ok but fail to write? try lowering the speed or try a different brand of disc.

try un installing the pinnicle software and see if xp`s own burning tool works, if it doesnt maybe the drive is faulty.

donatello 20:26 04 Nov 04

The problem is not with the make of discs or the writers,as both drives do this job ok.I have used the same discs to write and read from loads of times,but then the next time i try to access one, either the computer wont respond until i eject the disc or it just keeps spinning in the drive and i have to reboot to get the disc out.So i get a new one out which is fine for a while to write to and read from then i come to use it again and same as above occurs put disc in spins up nothing happens or sometimes message invalid function or please insert disc in drive.I have uninstalled then reinstalled pinnacle then updated it and tried it again still same.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Qualcomm Snapdragon 835 benchmarks: Antutu, Geekbench 4, GFXBench and PCMark results

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This stop-frame animation tells a moving story of domestic violence for Refuge

New iPad 2017 preview: Apple's affordable but underspecced new iPad may appeal to the education…