CD/DVD - Linear Seek Test Error

RickH0684 00:30 22 May 06

I have recently had trouble using my CD/DVD drives, such features as auto run have stopped running and there seems to be a reasonably long delay in displaying whatever maybe in the drive, when running a test using PC Doctor it attempted to do the following:

Linear Seek Test of pcdrcddrive module on both drives however failed with the following errors:

Error reading block number ****: SCSI Error: 0x1100 on each test (**** representing the relevant block).

It attempts this 3 times on each drive and the same error is reported each time with varying block numbers.

PC Doctor provides the following codes:

CD523-1 & CD523-2 for each drive.

All help is much appreciated, would like to think it is a software/driver fault however I feel it is more likely hardware although both drives respond/work properly, just delayed.

NB Please feel free to respond directly.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 17:32 22 May 06

Windows key + pause key, hardware tab, device manager, right click drives, select properties.

see if the drives are working in pio mode or dma mode
and change to dma.

RickH0684 21:10 22 May 06

Once in the properties display for each device what tab would display that information? As I cannot see this detailed anywhere???

Thanks Again?

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 22:12 22 May 06

try a right click on the IDE channel the drives are on (probably secondary), properties, advanced settings.

RickH0684 22:53 22 May 06

I think the 2 Optical drives are using PIO as the hard drive appears to be the only item using Ultra DMA. However it doesnt allow me to change it, unless its available, which it doesnt show.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Codename NX console…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

8 things designers (and brands) need to know about the modern woman

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…