CD/DVD JUST FLASHES DOES NOT OPEN

OCRIDION 04 Jul 11

Hi All,

I got my SATA Power Adapters, but I don't know if I have setup my CD Drive right. The Drive is plugged into SATA 4, and the Power is coming from a Molex cable which is plugged in via a Molex to SATA power adapter.

I turn the system on but the CD Drive just flashes when I press the eject button and then just doesnt do anything. I have tried a different Molex outlet, and a different SATA MB Port.

Any ideas?

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 04 Jul 11

Make sure that the SATA ports are switch on in the BIOS.

OCRIDION 05 Jul 11

Well, the Post Screen is detecting the drives. And u haven't seen a SATA disable option anywhere.

Also, my HDD is not formatting or even allowing a volume to be created in the unallocated space. All points to SATA.

ashdav 05 Jul 11

In the BIOS set all drives to AHCI. They're probably set to IDE at the moment.

OCRIDION 05 Jul 11

Thats exactly the response I needed, anything but buy something, or wait for something. lol

When I get home i will try the AHCI setting as it IS on IDE at the moment. But what is AHCI?

Graphicool1 05 Jul 11
Advertisement

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

OnePlus 2 UK release date, price, specification rumours: When is the OnePlus 2 coming out? July…

We are being sold the ability to spend money we don't have. And we love it

HTC's head designer on what's exciting in designing for mobile right now

Apple Music preview: Why Spotify should be scared of Apple's impressive new music-streaming service

We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message