CD/DVD drive fallen out of Toshiba laptop

nyree162 21:10 07 Jan 12

Hello,

I fell with my Toshiba laptop and the CD/DVD drive is now unattached from the laptop. Two metal strips have fallen out and inside I can see that a white/green strip has come away from the laptop at one side.

Does anyone have any idea of whether I will be able to simply have the drive replaced? Is the white/green strip of major importance to the laptop?

Thanks in anticipation...

rdave13 21:21 07 Jan 12

Which model? Sounds as it was not secured properly during manufacture as you have machine screws to secure in place.

nyree162 21:30 07 Jan 12

It's a Toshiba Satellite pro c660-111.

I fell down the stairs and dropped it midway down so it's likely that the drive may have opened and been hit mid fall

rdave13 21:34 07 Jan 12

nyree162

Never mind the laptop, are you OK?

rdave13 21:45 07 Jan 12

This you tube video will give an idea but with the ribbon cable teared out and 'metal' strips also out of the laptop it looks like a professional job.

link

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The updated 'Corel Painter inside Photoshop' plugin ParticleShop offers new brushes

New MacBook Pro 2017 release date, UK price and tech specs: Kaby Lake MacBook Pro to launch in…