CD/DVD Burning Software

J B 16:09 16 Jan 07

Hi all. I have pre-installed on my trusty Laptop a very basic version of Roxio Record Now version 6.5.4, however I am looking for a more inclusive package. These are the ones that I have been looking at:

Ashampoo burning suite: click here

Roxio Easy Media Creator Suite 9: click here

Nero premium Reloaded 7:click here

Up until now I haven't been to interested in these type of programs, however, with a recent insurance claim and all that entails it has become necessary to have another look. Right now I am just concerned with backing up photo and documents relative to the claim but in future I could use the program for other things that are a bit less mundane.

I would be grateful for any views offered on the above software. Thanks. J.B.

Stuartli 16:13 16 Jan 07

Why not try Nero6 for the moment cheaply? See:

click here

This can be updated free of charge from the click here website right up to the final version.

Stuartli 16:13 16 Jan 07

..should read click here website right up to the final version...

Totally-braindead 16:17 16 Jan 07

Windows own burning software, assumming you have XP, will do fine. I've never used it as I came to XP from Windows 98 and therefore used Nero and Roxio before so I tend to use what I already know.
I now use Nero 6 which you can get for about a fiver, Nero 7 had some terrible problems when it came out, there have been patches to address them but since I am unsure of whether all the bugs are sorted I hesitate to recommend it. Roxio I haven't used for a few years as Nero does it all without having to have 2 seperate burning programs.
So my advice is buy Nero 6, its cheap and works well.

Stuartli 16:20 16 Jan 07

As far as I'm aware, the XP burner is based on a Roxio product.

It also won't write to DVDs.

Totally-braindead 18:08 16 Jan 07

Ah Stuartli I failed to notice in his title he wanted to burn DVDs as well.
Forget Windows own burner, Stuartli is correct it doesn't write to DVDs.
Nero 6 will though its cheap and works well.

J B 10:03 17 Jan 07

Thank you for the information, I will give your suggestion a try. J.B.

Les T 20:54 15 Feb 07

Must say i totally agree with Totally-braindead, get yourself Nero 6. Brilliant piece of software that's easy to use and covers most types of video files.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Hands-on with the Star Wars fighting drones you can fly yourself

15 macOS Sierra tips | How to use macOS Sierra: Secret tricks and best new features in Apple's new…