CDDB Music download programme.

AlanRLong50 09:43 29 Sep 04

Hello.I'm considering getting a pro-version of the CDDB programme to use when downloading 1500cds (or around 35,000/40,000 individual tracks) from cds issued as far back as 1991 until the present day. Has you ever used such a programme to download this many cds and what where the results? I'd essentially like to know the 'pros' and 'cons' of buying,installing and using such a programme.Can you help me please before I part company with a lot of money? Thank you very much for your kind help.

leo49 09:58 29 Sep 04

Can you provide a link to your prospective purchase?

As far as I was aware CDDB was what it's initials stand for - a database service of track details,not the actual music itself.

Rigga 09:59 29 Sep 04

Hi,

Not sure what you're asking here. From what I am led to believe the CDDB and FreeDB are databases of CD track listings, not actual CD tracks!

When you say downloading 1500cd's do you mean, you are going to "rip" CD tracks off CD's that you own? and are looking for a program to find the track listings etc?

Or do you mean downloading free tracks from the internet?

If from your own CD's, then there are lots of free rip programs, that utlise the FreeDB to get track listings automatically for you. CDEX being an example, and i'm sure there are many more.

If legally downloading, then surely the track info is already supplied!!!

HTH R.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Why ecommerce hasn't taken off on social media

New MacBook Pro 2016 review | MacBook Pro with Touch Bar review: Apple's expensive and powerful…