CDBurnerXP won't burn DVD's

Al Davies 19:53 13 Jan 12

Hi folks,

Having used CDBurnerXP without a problem in the past, I am now having a problem copying files to DVD. I drag the files as normal then click Burn and then have various problems. First I had the blue screen of death, another time the PC froze and I had to turn off the power to shut it down.

My CD/DVD drive appears to be working OK as I can use the Windows XP CD writing wizard to copy back-ups to CD.

Can anyone suggest a solution?

Thanks

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 20:48 13 Jan 12

reinstall CDBurnerXP and retry

rdave13 21:01 13 Jan 12

Try this one once you uninstall CDBurnerXP, Ashampoo-Burning-Studio-Free

Al Davies 09:41 14 Jan 12

Thanks to both for your responses.

Will let you know what happens.

As you know, Ashampoo Burning Studio Elements is on the January cover disc of PC advisor.

Cheers

T

eedcam 09:52 14 Jan 12

My CD/DVD drive appears to be working OK as I can use the Windows XP CD writing wizard to copy back-ups to CD.

Not always So differenet Lasers

Al Davies 10:57 14 Jan 12

Different lasers? Damn, I didn't know that.

Cheers

A

Al Davies 11:21 15 Jan 12

Well folks,

I removed CDburnerXP and to check if it was a software issue, I installed Ashampoo Burning Studio Elements from the PC Advisor January cover disc.

Lo, I have now burned a video to a DVD.

So it seems the problem was with CDBurnerXP though it has worked fine in the past.

Many thanks to all for your responses.

Best wishes

Al

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

LG G6 review: Hands-on with LG’s bold, big-screen shot at perfection

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the painting-like animated sequences in A Monster Calls were created by Glassworks Barcelona

The 22 best Safari extensions | Best Safari plugins: Improve Apple's Safari web browser with these…