"CD Writing Tasks" bit not there.

rainbow79 11:54 23 Aug 03

When I was copying stuff on to a CD in the past I used to have a bit on the left that said CD writing tasks. It isn't there now. I really can't work it out but can I apologise in advance if it's something simple! (Windows xp on a laptop)

hugh-265156 12:21 23 Aug 03

in xp just right click the document and then click "send to" and select your cd drive.do this for each thing you want to back up.a balloon should appear saying you have files waiting to be written to cd,click it then click edit/select all then click file/write this to cd.

alternatively create a shortcut on your desktop to your cd drive,then drag and drop the files into it.

or use a third party burning programe like nero.

rainbow79 12:36 23 Aug 03

Thanks huggyg71. I can't quite remember what it used to do before but I do remember it used to say what files were on the disc and what files were waiting to be written. It doesn't do this anymore. There was definitely a bit on the left that said CD Writing Tasks. How can I get that back. I can still get it to work but I'd like it back the way it was before because it was easier if anyone could help with this.

hugh-265156 12:53 23 Aug 03

if you have only lost this shortcut receintly then system restore may fix it.

click start/all programs/accessories/system tools/system restore and select a date that the above worked for you.

only thing i can think off.

rainbow79 17:46 06 Jan 04

The bar at the left hand side that says "CD writing tasks" etc comes back by going to tools - folder options - general - and selecting "show common tasks in folders". So simple when I was told how!! I'm sure it's just as simple to fix it so that it shows me what's already on the CD and what's waiting to be written, like it used to, but I can't work it out.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…