CD Writing problems

adb1107 17:06 07 Aug 03

Hi, I'm trying to narrow down an annoying problem writing to CD-R's. I have a PC running WinXP Home, and with EasyCD Creator 5.0. I use a Lite-On CD-RW drive. Initially it worked finebut now when I try to write using either DirectCD or EasyCD it seems to repeatedly speed up and then slow down, and does this indefinitely, while the program waits for something to happen! I've tried different media, but none make any difference.

Does this sound like a drive fault?

Andy

barrie_g 18:21 07 Aug 03

I have very similar problems with a LiteOn CDRW drive and have to record everything at 4x if it will initialise the disk at all.

what is happening when the disk speeds up and slows down all the time is that it is trying to find the start of the disk, often if you look in "My Computer" you will find that either the disk is not recognised or that it will show, and if you look at properties both the Used and free amounts of the disk read as zero.

Sorry I know that this is of no help to you but I think that it must be a problem with the drives, mine is a 48x24x48 model number LTR 48246S if this helps at all, also running xp and using Nero, one other thing that I dont know if you have the same problem is that my cd drive is not happy to read disks that it has written, taking upto 10 minutes to show the contents of the disk which is read ok by my DVD drive (also LiteOn) which reads them with no problems.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…