CD writing issue

WebGuy 16:09 12 Mar 04

Hi, I'm sitting now in the internet cafe and i found the file i need. But i cant write it on the cd. Free space displaying as 0 kb, there's no option to erase or write to disk. when I'm pasting the file I'm getting message: 'cannot copy the file, files on this cd-rom is read only. you cannot copy or move files over this cd rom drive.' my cd is cd-rw, what's wrong?

BurrWalnut 16:23 12 Mar 04

I suspect you need to put it in a CD-RW drive not a CD-ROM drive.

Smiler 16:29 12 Mar 04

Are you saying that the cd drive fitted in your machine is a cd rw or that the disc in the cd rw in your machine is a rewritable cd?

WebGuy 16:33 12 Mar 04

Yes! Of cource!

Smiler 16:40 12 Mar 04

Which is it? There is a choice to be made.

If you have a rw cd in your cd rw has it been used before to write to if so has it been finalised ie no further writing. In this case you will have to format the rw cd before you can write to it again.

bertiecharlie 16:49 12 Mar 04

I've had the same problem using the CD writing wizard. I have sonic on my computer which burns to the cd far more efficiently. The CD writing wizard does work better if, having put your cd in, you wait a minute or so. I am a novice with computers so do not understand why the CD writing wizard should be so hit and miss.

WebGuy 16:51 12 Mar 04

No! I put 2 files on this cd at home, free space desplayed 680 Mb. So I dont need to format it (unless I'm using roxio 6) but I want to write it with windows (there's no roxio on this computer). Cd is really RW (i used it 3 times). There's no CD writing task at all!

WebGuy 16:52 12 Mar 04

Sorry, I wrote my previous mesage and didn't see your-bertiecharlie, sorry.

WebGuy 16:57 12 Mar 04

Cant write anymore, see you next friday folks.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…