CD WRITER WON'T BURN AUDIO FILES

ANDY-T 17:09 28 Feb 04

FOR SOME STRANGE REASON MY CD WRITER WILL NOT BURN AUDIO FILES, BUT WILL BURN MP3 FILES, VCD FILES, DATA FILES AND GAMES.I AM RUNNING WINDOWS XP PRO. I NORMALLY USE MUSICMATCH JUKEBOX TO BURN AUDIO FILES BUT HAVE ALSO TRIED USING NERO 6 AND WINDOWS MEDIA PLAYER.PLEASE HELP.

anon1 18:04 28 Feb 04

when you say it will not burn audio files are you getting any error message?
Is it cda files that you are trying to burn?

anon1 12:45 29 Feb 04

I see from your email that you seem to burn files but in fact it doesn't. I dont respond to emails as that defeats the object of the forum.
To save making coasters out of blank cd's try using rw's instead then at least they can be reused. If as you say all other file types are ok then I would guess that the software you are using may be at fault and it would be wise to repair/reinstall.

anon1 12:50 29 Feb 04

what cd writer you using?

Simsy 13:17 29 Feb 04

You say "wont burn audio files"...

Perhaps they are being burn't but wont play? If you are burning onto CDRW, rather than CDR, most audio CD players wont read them, (due to inferior reflectivity of CDRW discs).

Are you making an "Audio" cd, rather than a "Data" CD that contains audio files? If this is the case then, again, most audio players wont be able to read the disc.

If you want to end up with an "Audio" CD the audio files MUST be 44.1Khz, 16bit, Stereo. Some CD burning software may convert to this format "on the fly", but it it not generally recommended to do it this way because;

A)It takes longer

B) There is a greater likely hood of "gliching"

With apologies, if I'm way off mark with this,

Regards,

Simsy

Chaz2003 15:06 29 Feb 04

Mabe the audio file is the wrong type of file. Are you trying to burn songs of of another CD.

Stuartli 15:31 29 Feb 04

With all due respects CD-RWs should be avoided as much as possible - their reflectivity level is vastly inferior to that of CD-Rs and they are certainly not the best choice for burning audio and similar files.

The low reflectivity level also means that many drives have a problem reading them.

Your problem appears to be the way you are burning files. Do you use the image method, which is the best?

Also, is buffer underrun prevention enabled?

Burning audio files is normally very straightforward so there must be something you are not doing correctly or your configuration needs checking for possible errors.

Another alternative is to try with Nero Express rather than the full version of Nero until you can work out what is going wrong.

If you use Nero have you tried a simulation burning? This could indicate any problems.

Stuartli 15:35 29 Feb 04

Could be worth a trawl through Nero's help files:

click here

There are plenty of references to audio files in Nero....:-)

anon1 17:30 29 Feb 04

I only suggested using a cdrw as a means of testing rather than burning coasters. Obviously these should only be used on the pc or a system that can read them. From past experience loads of money can be saved this way until you are sure about what you are doing.

Stuartli 17:42 29 Feb 04

Andy-T doesn't seem very interested it would seem.

anon1

He can burn other types of files so must have some idea of what he is doing.

I would normally advise a newcomer to a rewriter to practice first on CD-RWs....

ANDY-T 19:29 29 Feb 04

I never had any problems burning audio files from mp3's until a few weeks ago.the problem still continued after formating my hard drive and reinstalling the software.I have not tried copying an audio cd I will try just to see if it works. many thanx to all who are trying to help.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Intel Coffee Lake 8th-gen Core processors release date rumours

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Apple MacBook Pro with Touch Bar review

Best iPhone games 2017 | Best iPad games 2017: 162 fantastic iOS games that you need to play right…